Friday, June 6, 2008

48 hour reading challenge

I am now beginning Mother Reader's 48 hour reading challenge.

I understand that this only leaves me about 37 hours with which to work, plus whatever I can glean from breaks, but starting at this point time effective at this point than having time for work, a commute, and the sleeping I did last night deducted.

I will be working on the sixth and seventh grade reading lists for this year, with a preference for the books that neither of my colleagues have read and for which we hold no audio books.

I'm hoping this project will simulate the circumstances in which many of our readers will undoubtedly find themselves towards the end of the summer (Snap! School starts in two days and I haven't started my summer reading!)

For that matter, maybe I should be leaning towards shorter books, too. I noticed a lot of requests for those towards the end of breaks.

No comments: