Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day

I'm posting late and I've done my share of complaining. The media circus. The fatalism.(paraphrasing the inimitable Doc Brown "The future's not written in stone, Marty; It can be changed).

More than anything, this election, like all presidential elections, has put me in the mind that elections don't just come every four years. I say "Amen" to the priest/pastor/rabbi/etc. who sees the Christmas/Easter/Hannukah/Yom Kippur crowds and says "Isn't this lovely! It would be wonderful if you would all come every week!" What would our country be like if people cared enough to generate this kind of voter turn-out for your run-of-the-mill local and state elections?

...with severe campaign budget limitations... I think everyone's ready to kiss the ads goodbye.

No comments: